By "elastic" nipples, we take it to mean very stretchy skin. Our pump does not pull the nipple into the breast shield the way that other pumps do into their flanges. In the research we have conducted, while we did have moms with stretchy skin, none experienced their nipples touching the end of the breast shield during pumping.
Pump orders will ship within a few days.
Yes, the tubes are recyclable. We’re partnering with industry-leading TerraCycle™ to develop a recycling program for the tubes. More information will be forthcoming soon.
The tubes connect to the breast shields and bottles via the breast shield connectors and bottle connectors. The tubes allow us to generate our proprietary vacuum-boost technology™ that creates effective suction that feels like a baby nursing at the breast. Milk flows into the breast shields, through the tubes, and into the bottles.
The tubes are disposable and need to be replaced every 24 hours for safety reasons. Any attempt to wash the tubes could also ruin The Pump and will void your warranty. We’re partnering with industry-leading TerraCycle™ to develop a recycling program for the tubes. More information will be forthcoming soon.
We offer an optional subscription program for our tubes to ensure you always have a set ready when you need them.
Breast pumps and their accessories are considered personal products and cannot be returned once the box has been opened.
You sure can!
Every insurance company is different, and we encourage you to contact yours directly. Our pump is HSA/FSA eligible.
Since our breast shields and suction mechanisms are so unique, we have been able to simplify breast shield sizing. Every purchase of The Pump comes with two sizes of breast shields (either small and medium or medium and large depending on which option you selected) to ensure you are able to find the best fit. Nipples can change throughout breastfeeding, so it’s possible you may need a different size breast shield as you progress. Please see our size chart below to select the best fit.
Because our breast shields are made of soft silicone and our suction is different than other pumps, our sizes work differently, too. Every purchase of The Pump comes with two sizes of breast shields (either small and medium or medium and large) to ensure you are able to find the best fit. Nipples can change throughout breastfeeding, so it’s possible you may need a different size breast shield as you progress.
Of course! With The App you can take control of your pumping and feeding schedules—all from the palm of your hand.
Our smartphone app does so much more than just control your pump (which it totally does). This complete feeding app is a one-stop-shop for monitoring and tracking your baby’s feedings, whether it’s from pumping, nursing, or bottle feeding.
Key Features include:
Control Your Pump
- Adjust speed and suction
- Customize your pump settings with programmable modes for optimal pumping and comfort
- Set timer to auto-stop pump after a specified duration
- Schedule it to automatically start
Track Milk in Real Time
- See how much milk you’re expressing on each side in real time
- Increase milk production by viewing pics of your baby while you pump
- View pumping history and amounts by day, week, and month
- Maintain digital milk inventory
Log Nursing and Bottle-feeding Sessions
- Track the time and duration of nursing sessions
- Log what baby drinks from a bottle and when
- Maintain individual feeding histories for multiple children
- Share milk inventory with other caregivers to more easily track feedings
Additional new features are coming soon!
Yes! The Pump is app-controllable, but it works without The App. The App offers a more customizable experience, including inventory tracking, a real-time view of milk expression, live control of speed and suction, and much, much more.
Yes! The Pump is multi-users, provided each person uses their own pumping kit (breast shields, tubes, and posts).
Yes, it's hospital-grade.
Our patented vacuum-boost technology™ enables a suction that closely mimics a baby. Because of that, our pump is both incredibly comfortable and incredibly efficient at expressing milk.
Based on preliminary data in our clinical study:
- 100% of women expressed as much or more milk with Babyation's breast pump than with their regular breast pump.
- 50% of women expressed more milk with Babyation's breast pump than they did while feeding their babies at the breast.
The study remains ongoing, but this data comes from a diverse set of mothers in terms of age, ethnicity and number of children.
The enclosure contains everything you need to pump for the day, including the pump motor, an ice pack, extra bottles and room to store your parts.
- 2 sets of breast shields (either small and medium or medium and large)
- 1 set of bra pads (if the bra pads are not the correct size, you can purchase additional sizes)
- 4 bottles
- 1 ice pack
- 1 box of tubes (20 sets)
- 1 tube bag
- 1 power supply
- 1 carrying strap
- 1 set of extra posts
A few things set The Pump by Babyation apart:
- We have the world's smallest and lightest breast shields, which dramatically minimizes what's on your body.
- Our patented vacuum-boost technology™ creates the only suction that mimics a baby.
- The Pump is incredibly quiet.
- Our optional app is second-to-none. It controls speed and suction, offers real-time customizable pre-sets, has logging and inventory management options. It even tracks nursing and bottle feeding!
- Everything you need for the day fits in the enclosure. Think of it as a bento box for pumping...with a built-in ice pack to keep your milk cold when you're done!